The form of our Kina light comes from the shell of a sea-urchin, which in New Zealand is called Kina by the indigenous Māori people. David saw one frozen under the Antarctic ice during a visit there in 2004. The shell had absorbed enough warmth from the sun to melt the ice around it. He used the same mathematical formula as Coral and Floral to develop the design and make one from thin plywood.
Kina is widely used over dining situations as its opening allows clear light onto the dining surface. Kina has a woven language with soft rounded connections, interweaving the fine grained bamboo. The size range makes Kina an ideal choice anywhere from a small bedroom right up to a large foyer or lobby.
- Shipped in environmentally friendly packaging.
- Easy assembly at home via PDF or online video.
- Five sizes.
- 12 Standard colour options.
- Comes with suspension wire (if size is applicable), cord and bulb holder.
- E26/E27 lamp/bulb required.
- Intended for dry interior spaces.
This light is available to view in store. Please contact Pink Lemonade if you're interested to order a Kina Light in a different colour or size.